When most parents think of Valentine’s Day, they think of buying their kids the newest toys and candy. Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to show your kids how much you love them. You can do this by simply being with your kids. Instead of “buying” into the products of Valentine’s Day, you can plan a few special activities to do with them. Your time is most important to your kids. Here is a list of activities you can do on Valentine’s Day:
- Make them a homemade card from you
- Fix heart shaped pancakes for breakfast
- Make a handmade card together for a neighbor
- Bake and decorate heart shaped sugar cookies
- Cut out hearts and help your kids decorate/paint them. Hang them around the house.
- Mold hearts out of red, pink, and white Playdough
- Read a Valentine’s Day book together and sip hot cocoa
- Visit your local library for Valentine’s Day crafts and stories
Your children need your presence more than your presents. -Jesse Jackson
Happy Valentine’s Day!