Summer is the perfect time to go exploring at your local lake/beach. Most lakes have a public lake access that people can use. My kids love going to our local lakes and beaches. Sand and water are the perfect mix for fun and learning. Listed below are a few activities to do with your kids at the beach this summer.
- Feel and talk about the texture of sand compared to the texture of water.
- Encourage your kids to build a town in the sand. (You can get buckets and shovels at your local Dollar Tree)
- Collect rocks or shells to turn into artwork at home.
- Ask your preschooler to practice writing his/her name in the sand using a stick.
- Show your baby/toddler how to scoop water and sand into a bucket.
- Have a picnic on the beach.
The beach is a great way to allow your kids to explore and learn about nature. But don’t forget to teach your kids about water and sun safety before you go. Have a great day and enjoy this summer sunshine:)