Who says you have to spend lots of money to have a fun summer with your kids? Sure it’s nice to go to a water park or the movie theater once in a while but you don’t need to do that all the time. I don’t know about your kids but mine get so excited over a simple water balloon fight or a new box of chalk. Here are a few simple outside activities to do with your kids.
- Obstacle Course- You can use hula hoops, wood pallets, buckets, etc…use your imagination!
- Painting Rocks- You can display them in your landscape, garden or give them away to a neighbor.
- Bubble Station- Set up a bubble station with an unlimited amount of bubbles:)
- Go Camping- Pitch a tent in your back yard or in your house if you are limited on outdoor space. Your kids will love “camping” inside or outside!
- Play Marco Polo- Set up a designated area in your yard (so kids won’t trip over things).
- Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest- This speaks for itself!
- Red-light, Green-light- This is great for young children.
- Simon Says- Your kids will love to see you act silly.
- Duck, Duck, Goose- An oldie but a classic!
- Monkey in the Middle- You can include all the neighborhood kids in this one:)
Summer time is a great way to show your kids how you used to play when you were their age. Ditch the IPADS and screen time and get outside! Invite friends over, make a pitcher of lemonade, and head outside for a great day of play!!