Listening skills are important to your child’s development. Many children hear only what they want to hear and tune out the rest. Here are a few ways to help your child develop strong listening skills:
- Talk to your children every day
- Make eye contact when talking to them
- When you ask them to do something, be specific with your directions.
- Read to them and ask follow up questions when your done.
- Make up silly songs or phrases
The most important way to help your child develop good listening skills is to model good listening skills. When your child does talk to you, make sure you are listening.