Easter is a great time to encourage your kids to notice the changes happening around them. Easter provides awesome learning experiences for your kids. There are so many activities that incorporate chickens, eggs, rabbits, flowers, and spring weather. Check out these Montessori activities listed below:)
- Matching plastic Easter eggs – You can get plastic eggs at the Dollar Tree. Pull apart the eggs and mix all of the colors together. Ask your child to match the eggs according to their color.
- Lace a giant Easter egg- Draw, color, and cut out a large egg. Poke holes around the perimeter of the egg. Get a shoe string or yarn and ask your kids to weave the yarn through the Easter egg.
- Read a non fiction book about a chicken’s life cycle. Talk about the chick starting out as an egg and then the egg hatching and so on. Depending on age, ask your child to draw a picture of an egg hatching into a baby chick. You can do this with the life cycle of a rabbit as well.
- Practice sorting colors and counting using jellybeans.
- Go outside and practice bunny hopping around the yard.
- Listen to the sounds of nature….ask your kids what they hear.
Easter is not just about bunnies and candy. Easter is a great time to spend quality time with your kids. Take time to read and play together! Your kids will treasure the time you spend with them. Happy Easter!