Fall is a great time to spend outdoors before winter arrives. Here are some things you can do with your kids outside.
- Collect colorful leaves and glue them to paper to make a leaf collage.
- Go on a fall scavenger hunt. Find items such as acorns, leaves, rocks, etc.
- Visit a local pumpkin patch and apple orchard.
- Rake leaves into piles and jump in them.
- Walk in a corn maze.
- Roast marshmallows over a bonfire.
- Camp in your backyard.
- Collect pine cones to display in a glass jar.
- Read books outside.
- Make bark rubbings. (Place a piece of paper against a tree and color with a crayon)
- Roast pumpkin seeds.
- Carve pumpkins.
- Visit a farmers market.
- Check out fall books from your local library.
- Make your own fall sensory bin. You can include things like pinecones, chestnuts, acorns, leaves, flowers, gourds (real or fake), rocks, and gemstones (fall colors).