Winter weather can make being outside hard for kids (and parents). But it doesn’t have to be! No matter what season it is, outside play is great for your littles. It improves their mood, encourages their imagination, and allows them to get their “wiggles” out freely. Yes, there are days the temperature drops so low it is harmful to be outside. If the weather is appropriate, we encourage you to bundle up your kids and send them outdoors. Here are a few activities you and your kids can do outside:
- Roll a giant snowball
- Jump in a deep pile of snow
- Shovel (my kids love this)
- Build something other than a snowman
- Get out your beach toys! Use shovels and buckets to make snow castles.
- Practice writing/drawing in the snow using a stick