The weather is getting warmer and the days are getting longer. Use this time to teach your kids about spring and summer. Point out the budding trees and chirping birds. Talk about the warmer temperatures and blooming flowers. Below is a list of things to do outside with your kids!
- Go on a nature walk
- Plant vegetables and flowers
- Visit your local farmer’s market
- Make a bird feeder
- Fly a kite
- Go on a picnic
- Create a backyard obstacle course
- Watch butterflies/baby birds
- Pick up liter
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter
Being outside has many health benefits ranging from improving your mood to lengthening your attention span. The more your kids can be outside, the more opportunities they have to learn about plants, animals, and nature. Have a happy spring!