The holiday season can be a stressful, crazy time for some families. There are so many things to do in preparation for Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Maybe you are traveling with your kids or hosting a gathering at your home. We want to encourage you to be purposeful about spending quality time with your kids during this busy season. Here are ten simple ways you can bond with your kids this holiday season.
- Build a puzzle together
- Make a winter craft
- Cook a family meal
- Volunteer at your local nursing home
- Deliver Christmas cards to neighbors and friends
- Build a snoman
- Play games instead of watching T.V.
- Make homemade hot chocolate and/or popcorn
- Read winter/holiday books
- Remind your kids how special they are and how much you love them
Remember, kids care more about your presence than presents. Take some time this season to put aside your To Do list and spend time with your kids. Happy Holidays!